Texas Living Trusts
Information About Living Trusts
Living Trusts enable you to avoid the cost of probating a will after a person dies and transfer property quickly and easily to beneficiaries. Probating a will can take anywhere from two months to a year or more, and can result in significant legal fees and costs. With a living trust, you can transfer property to your beneficiaries immediately, and you don’t have to go to court. It is an almost painless process. A Living Trust arrangement will also be private, rather than public, so information about “who gets what” is not in the public domain. In some cases, tax benefits can also be realized from a living trust.
All Texas Living Trust packages include:
- a Will – in case you don’t have one – that deals with property not transferred to the living trust (called a “pour-over” Will);
- a Power of Attorney with a Durable Provision;
- and a Living Will with a Health Care Power of Attorney. These are the four essential estate planning documents that every individual should have. All of our packages include legal advice, of course.
How to Create Your Texas Living Trust
To start your online Living Trust, all you need to do is answer a few simple questions. There are separate questionnaires included for each document included in the package. Filling out the Questionnaire is free. There is no time limit – you can save your answers and return at a later time. You can also change your answers at any time. When you are ready, you may decide whether or not to purchase this legal service.
Includes Texas Living Trust, Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Will/Health Care Power of Attorney.
Includes Texas Living Trust, Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Wills/Health Care Power of Attorney for both spouses.
AB Shared Living Trust Planning Package for a Married Couple
Includes Texas Living Trust, Will, Power of Attorney, and Living Wills/Health Care Power of Attorney for both spouses. This option can reduce the tax burden if your estate were subject to the federal estate tax (as of 2012, only estates valued at more than $5,120,000 would owe tax, but this exclusion is scheduled to decrease to $1,000,000 in 2013). The AB trust can also provide certain other estate planning benefits, but has some disadvantages as well. If you are considering setting up an AB trust, please consult with me beforehand so that we can determine whether this would be the best option for you.
Deeds for the transfer of real property to your Living Trust are not included in these package prices. You may purchase any Deeds required by your package and I will prepare and file them with the appropriate agency.
Legal advice is included with every package – I will help you to execute your Living Trust properly, and advise you on correctly transferring property to the trust.
Also included with every package:
- FREE revisions up to 30 days after purchase. Includes review, reprinting and mailing.
- Expedited Service – I can expedite your order. This means you will receive your documents within 2 business days. If you want shipment by FedEx, the shipping cost is extra, otherwise shipping is free.
- Normal processing is 6 business days.
- Your documents are available within your secure MyLegalAffairs secure web space as soon as they are completed. They can be downloaded and printed immediately from your secure MyLegalAffairs web space.
- You have unlimited storage of the digital version of your documents within your secure MyLegalAffairs web space.
Other Legal Documents Available:
(All legal forms are bundled with legal advice and each legal service sells for a fixed fee)
AB Living Trust
Living Trust for a Single Person
Living Trust for a Married Couple
Affidavit of Successor Trustee
Amendment to Living Trust
Amendment to Shared Living Trust or AB Living Trust
Assignment of Property for a Married Couple
Assignment of Property for One
Quitclaim Deed for Married Couple
Quitclaim Deed for an Unmarried Person
Revocation of a Living Trust